The Learning for Sustainability Conference is an annual event that offers professional development and networking opportunities for early years, school and community members interested in living and acting more sustainability.
Featuring a keynote address from Dr Karl, the 2021 the day will motivate and inspire all who attend. Join us for a workshop, hear from education for sustainability providers and listen to a panel discuss local and global sustainability issues. It's a great opportunity for attendees to connect with like-minded people, hear from experts in the field and gain ideas to take back the classroom.
The live streamed and interactive event is structured to enable attendees to connect and engage with presenters and activities over the course of the entire conference.
The event is subsidised by member council's to ensure the event remains accessible to all educators within the region.
We welcomed Damon Gameau, Australian actor and director, as our keynote speaker for the 2020 LfS Conference. He took attendees on an inspirational journey of discovery and detailed opportunities for change locally and more broadly. Damon’s newest film, 2040, is an innovative, feature length documentary that explores what the future would look like by the year 2040 if we embraced the best solutions already available to us to improve our planet. You can watch the trailer for the film here.
Our afternoon Master Class focused on the challenges of behaviour change and food waste in schools and early years facilities. Mark Boulet, from BehaviourWorks Australia at the Monash Sustainable Development Institute, talked through their applied behaviour change approach and how it could help attendees understand what makes humans tick and how this can help them create positive change (especially for food waste in schools and early years services).
If you attended the 2020 Conference but did not receive access to the session summarise from the day, please contact the EASL Coordinator at email@example.com.
- "A sensational event - my utmost gratitude for the effort put in to organising it."
- "Thank you Sarah. It was an absolutely amazing experience, I'm so glad I was brave enough to attend on my own. You did a wonderful job."
- "Thanks for a great conference. I gained a lot from attending!"
- "Thank you Sarah and the team for all you did towards the successful running of this very worthwhile conference."
- "Thanks for a great, well managed event."
- "So much fantastic research and information. Thank you!"
- "I just wanted to thank you and your team for putting on such a great event. Excellent calibre of speakers - I wish I could have attended them all."
- "Thanks for organising it Sarah - we really enjoyed being involved, and also hearing form some inspring speakers!"
- "It was a great conference! So well organised. Especially loved the keynote speaker, Peter Hutton. He was hilarious and inspiring."
- "The presenters I saw were well prepared and very passionate about their programs. I was engaged the whole time."
- "I found the presenters were great! Full of information, professional, friendly and approachable. I will look forward to coming next year."
- "Thanks for another great, affirming, encouraging, connected day."
- "I have found today really great for my confidence and knowledge about sustainability education."
- "There was a good selection of stands, info and voluneers. It was generally a very positive vibe. Thank you!"